Monday 8 January 2007

Welcome to my Poetry Blog

Here is a poem to start off with, from my other website poemsblog.com

Simplicity

Calculations, fractions of hair,
Beads round your wrist
Like a rosary I count,
And pray with my shaking
Hands as flesh to flesh
Burns and the cauldron spills.

In dark, your anonymous
Celebrity sucks light
Into my eyes as fresh flame blossoms
And your pink skin
Speaks of sin
And the stain of knowing.

Peel away from
Sheets and each other
And the universe survives.
It is all so simple.
You simply turn
And simply
Kiss.

Dismiss.

2 comments:

writerwoman said...

The stain of knowing

Adore that line! It speaks to me of history and secrets.

Anna said...

Hi - I'm a poet and a blogger and I've recently created a new website for all poets and poetry readers.

I've added your link to my site and to my blog at

Online Poetry
and Free Poems. Would you like to link back?

I also wanted to know if you would be interested in contributing writing to my
blog, Your Poems Your Stories. (You can register for an account there
and post your own work).